Author Topic: SOLVED: Djetset #509 - Rivers Fletcher Jaguar XK120 BRM-inspired hillclimb special  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Djetset

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 562
  • Car Life
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Tell me all you can about this car to gain a point.
A car is for life, not just for Christmas.

Offline Djetset

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 562
  • Car Life
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Djetset #509
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:08:27 PM »
Surprised that this one has not generated any responses so far, but I am sure this will now change at the Expert level.

Offline shamrock

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 0
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 02:50:11 AM »
Rivers Fletchers Jaguar XK hillclimb special , 

Offline Djetset

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 562
  • Car Life
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »
Well done Shamrock; correct.

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
The same car during its build:

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Does anyone know who built it?

Offline Allan L

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 410
  • Forum Host in Vintage!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Does anyone know who built it?
That photo Grobmotorix posted is in Rivers' book "More Motor Racing" with the caption " Freddie Owen building the body for the author's single-seater Jaguar" and in the text he refers to "a single-seater Jaguar which Bill Moss built for me."
Freddie Owen's other work was the subject of http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/2010-38/solved-mjw-005-owen-jaguar-special-1962/msg119640/#msg119640 but I can't be as easily helpful about Bill Moss. I expect it was the same Bill Moss who had a garage business in Luton and was the owner and racer of ERA R5B (Remus) before the late Pat Lindsay.
Opinionated but sometimes wrong

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
Thank you!

Offline xk120owenspecial

• Puzzle Points 0
  • Name That Car!
  • YearsYearsYears
i have this car here in Denmark - had it since 1997

Offline Allan L

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 410
  • Forum Host in Vintage!
That's interesting and thanks for telling us. That sort of car often disappears from view when its original owner passes it on unless there is an obvious inheritance. We in UK often forget that Denmark has a good many enthusiasts for unusual British cars.
A great pity that Denmark is now so much further away from the UK than it was in 1997, if you see what I mean.
Opinionated but sometimes wrong