Author Topic: Solved - NEH 1535: Breguet A2 electric prototype - 1942  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Solved - NEH 1535: Breguet A2 electric prototype - 1942
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:45:54 AM »
Very poor picture, but it's the only one I've been able to find.
So what is it, from when - for 1 point?

Google Image Search continues to raise its ugly head on AutoPuzzles.
For the sake of our newer members who may not be aware of past discussions on it, Google Image Search as a means of solving puzzles is banned on this website.

AutoPuzzles is primarily a game of automotive knowledge, not of who can copy and paste the quickest.

We ask all members to remember and respect this, and retain the right to ask puzzle-solvers how they came to their answer.

Have fun!
Interests in life:  Cars, cars, cars - oh and ..er..cars

Offline GV CREATIONS

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 53
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: NEH 1535
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:23:45 PM »
Very poor picture, but it's the only one I've been able to find.
So what is it, from when - for 1 point?
Have fun![/b]

This is a Breguet of society Aviation Louis Breguet workshops, which produce this small electric car in their factory near Anglet near Bayonne. The cell uses riveted Duralumin and is based on a central box girder and steel carrier. The vehicle is equipped with 36 elements lead, a total voltage of 72 volts, providing a first reverse in 36 volts and a second and a third in 72 volts, with an engine type series of brand Paris-Rhone. The speeds are going with a single button index, attached to the dashboard. The speed is 45 km / h in a point and has a range of from 50 to 80 km. Suspensions, and the front brakes are borrowed from Simca 5, but otherwise, all items are unique. 200 copies will be built.

As the internet translation seems to me not reliable, I'll leave the French version:

Il s’agit d’une Breguet de la société des Ateliers d’Aviation Louis BREGUET, qui produiront cette petite voiture électrique dans leur usine d’Anglet près de Bayonne. La cellule utilise de Duralumin riveté et repose sur une poutre-caisson centrale et porteuse en acier. Le véhicule est équipé de 36 éléments au plomb, soit une tension totale de 72 volts, offrant une première marche arrière en 36 volts et une seconde et une troisième en 72 volts, avec un moteur type série de marque Paris-Rhône. Les vitesses se passent par un simple bouton à index, fixé au tableau de bord. La vitesse est de 45 km/h en pointe et possède un rayon d’action de 50 à 80 km. Les suspensions, le train avant et les freins sont empruntés à la Simca 5, mais pour le reste, tout les éléments lui sont propres. 200 exemplaires seront construits.

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: NEH 1535
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 05:50:45 AM »
..and there's not a lot more I can add to that!
Well done and thanks.

I was also going to add the same picture but in a slightly more readable size...:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:39:16 AM by Carnut »
Interests in life:  Cars, cars, cars - oh and ..er..cars

Offline BERTRAND

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 66
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Solved - NEH 1535: Breguet A2 electric prototype - 1942
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 11:30:33 AM »
a better pic