Author Topic: Solved: Allemano's № 701 - 1949 RAOR Fiat 1100 B Sport bodied by Sperandeo  (Read 2298 times)

Offline ducamax66

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 111
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Sorry, sorry, sorry, RAOR!!!!!!!

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
The story of this car is rather complicated. Nothing to do with Falanga or RAOR, despite what can be found online. I'll try to add more soon.

Offline fromwien

• Master
  • Puzzle Points 844
  • Name That Car!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Your comment is very very thrilling, 'Paul Jaray'!
I haven't found the information to this car online, I've found it at an auction, and took the information out of the auction catalog!
Will check the auction results, what money has been spent for a car with totally wrong description, as you say

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Carrozzeria Sperandeo built at least 2 barchettas.
One of them, was built from a Fiat 1100s MM berlinetta.
It's owner, nearly 40 years ago, discarded the (original) body (first picture) and built a new one, on the original chassis (second picture).
The old body was then mated to a new chassis and a new story was invented for it.
Falanga's family was not pleased to read it was named R.A.O.R. (they say they have the only existing R.A.O.R..that is another car) and the matter was brought to court.
The RAOR by Sperandeo in this puzzle is a modern creation, realized using an original Sperandeo body and a different chassis of unknown origin.