Author Topic: Solved: Wendax 2760 - Suzuki Fronte gymkhana car by Katsuo Fujikuchi  (Read 2459 times)

Offline Skut

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 93
  • Name That Car!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Wendax 2760
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2019, 06:11:31 AM »
Is the sheet metal over the rear wheels from the production car.

Offline Wendax

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2320
  • e^^(i*pi)+1=0
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2019, 06:43:53 AM »
Hard to tell. Maybe, but only portions of it.

Offline Wendax

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2320
  • e^^(i*pi)+1=0
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2019, 06:51:21 AM »
But which one?  Is it a Suzuki underneath perchance?
Sorry, folks! I messed this one up. This car is based on a Suzuki, not on a Subaru!!!

Offline Skut

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 93
  • Name That Car!
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2019, 08:30:58 AM »
Based on a Suzuki Fronte?

Offline Wendax

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2320
  • e^^(i*pi)+1=0
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2019, 08:51:07 AM »
Yes, still need the builder though.

Offline Wendax

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2320
  • e^^(i*pi)+1=0
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2019, 02:24:58 AM »
up again

Offline Oguerrerob

• Master
  • Puzzle Points 1343
  • Ver 2.0
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2019, 03:34:55 AM »
"Mr. Katsuo Fujikuchi test run of the car produced by the president. 420 cc up, 3 cab, port polishing, combustion chamber processing, acrylic glass, chamber, aluminum body. (Base, Fronte) MRCF" (Google translator)

Offline Wendax

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2320
  • e^^(i*pi)+1=0
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2019, 04:23:19 AM »
Well found!

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Solved: Wendax 2760 - Suzuki Fronte gymkhana car by Katsuo Fujikuchi
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »
Looking for more info about this car, I found the page of "Fujitsubo Motors Factory" (Fujitsubo Giken Kogyo) located at the beginning in Hakata-ku, Fukuoka. According to that page, this car was made by Isamu Fujitsubo.

"Birth of a club and racing activities

MRCF is an abbreviation for Mastery Racing Club Fukuoka, and President Isamu Fujitsubo, who established Fujitsubo Giken Kogyo in Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture in 1955, created an organization called MRC and was engaged in racing activities. At the Gymkhana tournament of Oiso Long Beach sponsored by MRC around 1967, when our president, Lady Fujitsubo, who came to the area from Fukuoka, happened to participate in the competition with a B10 type Sunny 4-door sedan borrowed from an acquaintance, he performed better than the owner of the car. This was the starting point for racing activities.
With the advice of Mr. Isamu, President of Fujitsubo Giken, he added Fukuoka's F to the name of MRC and launched an organization called MRCF in 1968. JAF official recognition, Bridgestone, Mobile Oil Fukuoka, Toyota Corolla Fukuoka, Nishinippon Shimbun, etc. Jim Kana and the race were a great success, sponsored and sponsored by local companies such as Sports Nippon Shimbun and Yamaguchi Mitsubishi Motors.

Gymkhana

Showa consists of 44 rounds to participate actively in the gymkhana competition, Subaru Ff -1 , Honda S 800 , Beret GT, ran in, such as Familia. The venue used the driving schools and airfield sites in each region, and was sponsored by MRCF and racing teams in each region.

Gymkhana car (base, Honda N) produced by Lady Fujitsubo. (...) We made several Gymkhana competition cars based on such light cars and asked MRCF club members to ride them. Due to the light weight of the car, we have achieved many good results.

From what I understood, Fujitsubo Giken Kogyo was located in Fukuoka and then moved to Yokohama.
They set a racing club MRCF (Mastery Racing Club Fukuoka, before known as MRC) located in Fukuoka where they ran these Gimkana cars they made (and they tune other pilot's cars).