Author Topic: "La 500 de Pontac"  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Sleeping Tiger

• The Sleeping Tiger from the Island of Bali
  • Puzzle Points 0
  • Happy inheritor of odd auto and automobilia.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
"La 500 de Pontac"
« on: August 07, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »
I noticed a thread from last year about his oddity. I bet nobody else has the original brochure from the Paris show! I recently inherited a large collection of automobilia from the 50s and 60s, and am enjoying browsing through the stuff. Found this little gem today! The specs on the reverse should clarify any puzzler disputes about this model.  Cheers to all, from chilly Brussels!

Offline pnegyesi

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 1173
  • Our Pal
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • Motoring Museums' Lighthouse
Re: "La 500 de Pontac"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 11:57:06 AM »
Welcome to AutoPuzzles and thanks so much for sharing this. Keep 'em coming!
https://rareandunique.media - Rare&Unique Vehicles magazine
http://magyarjarmu.hu - detailed Hungarian motoring history (Hungarian language)
http://automuseums.info - motoring museums' guide

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:20:15 PM »
Hi Sleeping Tiger,

what a nice awakening!
Thank you for that, hope more will come in the future!

Here you are the links:
http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/index.php?topic=3329.0
http://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/index.php?topic=15018.0

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 03:14:35 PM »
Yes, thank you very much for showing us this little gem.

We´d appreciate any more contributions, of course!

RayTheRat

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 01:31:53 AM »
Welcome, Sleeping Tiger.  Chilly in Belgium?  In the Western Desert of the US, it's finally cooled off to where the high temps are around 90F (32C).  That's actually a pretty pleasant temperature here, since the humidity is around 10 percent, although we must be having a monsoon, cuz it's at 44% t the moment. 

A couple of weeks ago when I was on the Bonneville Salt Flats, the high temps were generally around 104F (40C) except when it rained and massive wind storms attacked the area.  Other than that, it was pretty pleasant.   ::)

I have a question:  The Pontac seems to be a Citroen 2cv kit or car manufactured on a 2cv platform.  Is this correct?  It's been a LONG time since I spoke any French...like over 40 years.  Ouch!  It hurts to think about my time in Europe and North Africa as being that far in the past.  'Course all I have to do is look in the mirror and the white hair and beard provide the unwelcome reality check...as well as my grandchildren.

Moving right along, In addition to country of origin, do you have any information on the year(s) it was produced?

Thanks,

RtR
(Rattus Deserticus)...common desert rat.    ;)

ps.  For those who are on Facebook, I'm there as Ray Therat (they didn't like my name of Ray the Rat) and I just uploaded a group of almost 100 images from Speed Week.  I think you can view them without "friend" status, but if anyone from AP sends me a friend request, I'll ok it as soon as I see it.

Almost time for bed.  Gotta get the trailer winch mounted and wired up tomorrow morning early.

RayTheRat

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40:42 AM »
Uhh...you can ignore those questions.  I found the answer on a German site:

"The Marquis de Pontac, by profession winery was an avid car enthusiast. The mid-50s he started to design its own cars based on the Citroën 2CV, the duck.

1959 he finished 25 models of the sporty runabout in Liege, Belgium - 50 were originally planned. The Coupe de Pontac with 500 cc displacement was offered as a kit."

RtR
(Rattus Deserticus)...common desert rat.     ;)

Offline faksta

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 409
  • Russian Racer
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »
ps.  For those who are on Facebook, I'm there as Ray Therat (they didn't like my name of Ray the Rat) and I just uploaded a group of almost 100 images from Speed Week.  I think you can view them without "friend" status, but if anyone from AP sends me a friend request, I'll ok it as soon as I see it.

Knock-knock-knocking

RayTheRat

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 11:43:54 AM »

Knock-knock-knocking

C'mon in.  Grab a Coke and hang out for a while.  ;)

RtR

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
    • My car photography
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 04:19:18 AM »
We really would like to see more of the stuff...