Author Topic: Desaster struck like a tsunami  (Read 1841 times)

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
Desaster struck like a tsunami
« on: February 17, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »
Over some years I´ve visited this place in Belgium near Liege from time to time to make photos of old and rotten cars.
Sadly enough I´ve never seen a person when I was there.

On a bigger area there were some old cars just standing in the green, vegetation all in them and around.
And there was a big hall with only one tiny opening you could have a look into it.

There were many old 60-70 cars inside and I never had the chance to really see them.

I had better put a little note at the door to contact me, but the things develloped tragically.

In August 2011 I came there again and saw the desaster. In Winter 2010/2011 the roof of the hall collapsed due to the extreme masses of snow.

6 weeks ago everything was hermetically closed with high fences and NATO-barbwire all around the area.
Does anybody know more facts? I do not speak french and have no further information...

See the tragedy and the remnants that were still there over half a year later:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:00:43 PM by grobmotorix »

RayTheRat

Re: Desaster struck like a tsunami
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:58:19 AM »
Oh, that's sad, man.  Sorta like what was called "Carmageddon": a freak gale-force wind storm hit the Russo & Steele classic car auction in Scottsdale, AZ in 2010:
https://plus.google.com/photos/106668176627649072612/albums/5430022978745678513?banner=pwa

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
Re: Desaster struck like a tsunami
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »
Ouch! All of the Scottsdale cars have been in a good to very good condition before - that must have been a fine insurance issue...