Author Topic: Storms in North Texas  (Read 3918 times)

Offline GRAYWOLF

• Future Media Mogul
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 19
  • High School
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My Blog
Storms in North Texas
« on: April 03, 2007, 11:36:09 PM »
Just wanted to share some pix I took of the storms that blew through this evening:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 10:41:06 AM by GRAYWOLF »
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."-Patrick Henry

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: Storms in North Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 11:43:05 PM »
Now these are "Feature Photography"

8)
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Boxer2500

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 0
  • This space for rent
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 11:47:20 PM »
Those are impressive pics. An occasional thunderstorm is always entertaining.

I had a run-in with some severe weather in Wyoming on Sunday. At one point I was driving across the high plains and I could see six different thunderstorms moving across the land. I drove right through the middle of a particularly nasty one; the sky went eerily dark at 2 in the afternoon and for a while I had to follow the lights of the semi in front of me. I wasn't about to put myself in the line of fire and pull onto the shoulder during the cloudburst. The icing on the cake was the funnel cloud I spotted a few miles south of I-80. I don't know if it was a tornado or a microburst, but it looked nasty.

Offline Tifosi

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 46
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 12:09:23 AM »
I saw an amazing storm once...it was a single cloud, moving at about 60 mph a couple of miles away from me, moving parallel [thank God!] from whereI ws standing.  Lightning bolts were shooting out of it constantly, and from all different directions.  There had been a confirmed tornado in the vicinity a few minutes earlier, but an all-clear was issued.  I've never seen anything like it before or since... 

Dan
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending..."

Bender B.Rodrigues

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 03:26:54 AM »
I'm not seeing the pics ???
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 03:42:15 AM »
I'm not seeing the pics ???

Did you try quoting the post and putting the script in your address bar?

???
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 06:07:04 AM »
Nothing to quote or post. I'll try it with IE at work...

Offline GRAYWOLF

• Future Media Mogul
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 19
  • High School
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 09:55:32 AM »
Evidently, Yahoo creates temp URLs when you view pictures, so I will upload them to Photobucket and redirect the links, in a little while.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."-Patrick Henry

Offline GRAYWOLF

• Future Media Mogul
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 19
  • High School
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 10:45:38 AM »
Done

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 11:14:49 AM »
Wow - were you outside while this was going on? I'd be hiding in the basement!  ;D

Offline GRAYWOLF

• Future Media Mogul
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 19
  • High School
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 12:12:59 PM »
They weren't right overhead. They were 5-10 miles East & South of me. Not even much thunder beyond distant rumblings.

Here in TX, no one has a basement.

Offline Boxer2500

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 0
  • This space for rent
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 06:10:49 PM »
Well theres floodin down in texas....all of the telephone lines are down
Well theres floodin down in texas....all of the telephone lines are down
And Ive been tryin to call my baby....lord and I cant get a single sound

Well dark clouds are rollin in....man Im standin out in the rain
Well dark clouds are rollin in....man Im standin out in the rain
Yeah flood water keep a rollin....man its about to drive poor me insane

Well Im leavin you baby....lord and Im goin back home to stay
Well Im leavin you baby....lord and Im goin back home to stay
Well back home I know floods and tornados....baby the sun shines every day

Offline GRAYWOLF

• Future Media Mogul
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 19
  • High School
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 08:33:25 PM »
Long live SRV!!!

Offline Jagman

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 6
    • Dave's Jag
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
I saw an amazing storm once...it was a single cloud, moving at about 60 mph a couple of miles away from me, moving parallel [thank God!] from whereI ws standing.  Lightning bolts were shooting out of it constantly, and from all different directions.  There had been a confirmed tornado in the vicinity a few minutes earlier, but an all-clear was issued.  I've never seen anything like it before or since... 

Dan

That wasn't a T-Storm, it was a UFO!  :D

I was sitting in Charlotte waiting for a plane to Cincy where I would catch my flight to KC. Cincy was closed due to T-Storms, tornado warnings etc. Made for a long night, but I finally got home OK.............