Author Topic: The difficulty of choosing a new camera  (Read 3370 times)

Offline lynxd67

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 2
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
The difficulty of choosing a new camera
« on: May 29, 2007, 04:14:36 AM »
I reckon most of you know I take the odd shot or two and it seems that cameras now fall into two distinct groups; either you turn it on a press the button or, like many of the single lens reflex cameras nowadays, you spend ages setting the white balance, the aperture, the type of focus be it spot, centre weighted or matrix, and then you agonise over aperture or shutter priority. Frankly cameras are getting so compicated that you'll need a university degree to be able to operate one soon. By way of emphasising this, I show here a photo of the back ofthe new Canon DSLR. However, given the fullness of the options available, I think it is going to be a big big seller.

Offline MG

• Free Radical
  • Puzzle Points 12
  • Designated Driver
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: The difficulty of choosing a new camera
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:00:23 AM »
 :lmao: :joker: :nana:

Yes, well obviously there are SOME features there that will boost sales tremendously. I refer, of course, to the "pizza" function!   :hah: :lmao: :drool:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away!

Offline Rich

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 11
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:45:19 AM »
I, too, dabble in the photographic art.  My weapon of choice?  A nearly thirty year-old Canon AE-1.  It's never given me a moments trouble, and takes pictures that are much more a reflection of its abilities than it's owner's.  However, I HAVE considered moving into the 21st Century.......

Offline MG

• Free Radical
  • Puzzle Points 12
  • Designated Driver
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 07:19:44 AM »
Ummmm....are you sure you LOOKED at the photograph, amigo?   ???
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away!

Offline Allan L

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 410
  • Forum Host in Vintage!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:49:37 AM »
Spelling error bottom left - shouldn't it be Adnams, not Adams?
But then would you ever want it turned off?
Opinionated but sometimes wrong

Offline Jagman

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 6
    • Dave's Jag
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 09:17:32 PM »
There is a ring of truth tho, in lynx's jest. My 5 yo Mavica records to mini- discs and I have yet to fully understand all those terms he mentioned, that my camera also does.........so I just use it on auto, and let it do the best it can...........

Offline porridgehead

• Puzzle Points 42
  • Seat's up! Pa's home!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:20:45 PM »
My God! Thinks sure aren't getting any easier are they? And I thought the Mercedes SLR (obligatory nebulous connection of dubious credibility) was complicated!

Measures with mics, marks with chalk, cuts with axe, beats to fit and paints to match