Author Topic: Featured Articles  (Read 30387 times)

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Featured Articles
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
The Newest Articles here at AutoPuzzles.

The Archive of Articles at AutoPuzzles.

Please folks, take the time to read what your fellow AutoPuzzlers have wrote for you.  There are some great stories and interesting retrospectives in there.  We are surrounded by fantastic writers and here is where they shine.  If you would like to contribute an article, story or interesting auto related anecdote we would love the opportunity to publish it here at AutoPuzzles.  Please, share with us what you have to say.

:touched:
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: Featured Articles
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 04:44:30 PM »
Folks who put together an original, publishable article, whether it be an automotive story from your past, an expose with pictures of an Auto show you attended or a research piece about some portion of the automotive past or contribute 5 well written Automotive Book Reviews with pics are awarded with the highest rank of membership here at AutoPuzzles, Feature Writer.  Feature Writers have all the board privileges of a Professional Auto Puzzler as well as a few other privileges that are only available to the administrative members of the board. 

So, with that in mind, help us to enrich yours and my favorite automotive website today.   Contribute a Feature and become a member of an elite few, the Feature Writers at AutoPuzzles.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:19:43 AM by Ultra »

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 01:17:13 PM »
BTW, write your article in YOUR OWN language.  We will publish it here at AP in your language and work with you to create a translated version in English to publish here at AP as well.

So don't let language be your excuse and we won't let it be ours.

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 01:30:25 PM »
Sounds great!

Offline ImpishGrin

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 303
  • Afficionado Anorak
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
So, will an article on, say, history of polish microcars be a welcomed addition? 'Cause I've decided to write something, but I'm not sure what about :D
It's not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 09:46:17 PM »
So, will an article on, say, history of polish microcars be a welcomed addition? 'Cause I've decided to write something, but I'm not sure what about :D

That would be a great addition.   Anything auto related is good with us Admin's.

Online Allan L

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 410
  • Forum Host in Vintage!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 03:47:16 AM »
Would a piece on handicapping motor races be of any interest? I have one that could easily be recycled for you.
Opinionated but sometimes wrong

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 03:56:30 AM »
BTW, write your article in YOUR OWN language.  We will publish it here at AP in your language and work with you to create a translated version in English to publish here at AP as well.

Would a great article about the Monteverdi Hai with interisting background informations a matter of interest? Would prefer to write it first in German — what do you think?

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »
Would a piece on handicapping motor races be of any interest? I have one that could easily be recycled for you.

Please, that and anything else you have to offer.

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 01:39:45 PM »

Would a great article about the Monteverdi Hai with interisting background informations a matter of interest? Would prefer to write it first in German — what do you think?

Please, that and anything else you have to offer.  German is fine.  We will work up with you and a bit o' Google and make an English language version.  I am anxious to post articles in other languages.  I think that is the next step to taking this website to another level of international awareness.  It will cause this site to show up more readily on search engines focused on other languages than English if we publish in those languages.

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »
In which way it will work? Sending an PM to one of the admins or rather a Word or other editable formats via email?

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »
In which way it will work? Sending an PM to one of the admins or rather a Word or other editable formats via email?

You can post your article here.   Karn and I will check it out, I will use Google to translate it to English, flush the rest of it out to read properly and post the resultant version in English for you to approve.   When the various approvals are given on both sides, your article will be published, much in the manner of this sample: 

http://www.autopuzzles.com/Indy1967.htm 

Dan's research is now quoted in places around the net.  These articles become touchstones for people reading and doing research, or they just tell the story of a writer in a moment.   Either way, getting published with your words off of our front page is the essence of contributing to the site and exactly what we hope all of you will do.  Please, be a Feature Writer today.

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
Okay!  :) but here the 'new topic' button isn't already activated.
Need a little more time for scanning and for shorten the text.
At the beginning of next week it could be ready.

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 03:11:33 PM »
Okay!  :) but here the 'new topic' button isn't already activated.
Need a little more time for scanning and for shorten the text.
At the beginning of next week it could be ready.

Great.

:cheer:

Offline Ultra

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »

:whip:

Offline ImpishGrin

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 303
  • Afficionado Anorak
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 04:05:21 PM »
Ahh, if only days had a few more hours :P
It's not denial, I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 01:59:28 PM »
Yes indeed!  :-[
I unfortunately have no sufficiant time to write more than a few comments. Currently I'm away on a job and the time at the weekends is full of other activities.

Offline Weatherballoon

• Puzzle Points 2
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 06:42:03 PM »
How welcomed would articles about other forms of locomotion be? Say an ekranoplan or an overland train?
A stagnant profile is a stagnant mind.

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 02:50:14 PM »
How welcomed would articles about other forms of locomotion be? Say an ekranoplan or an overland train?

Just about everyone here is a car enthusiast principally although some might also have an interest in other forms of transport (we do cover buses and commercial vehicles as well for instance).

I'm sure there are plenty of other webistes for trains and ekranoplans (whatever they are...),
We don't want to clog up AutoPuzzles with those as well thanks!
Interests in life:  Cars, cars, cars - oh and ..er..cars

Offline marmer

• Expert
  • Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 129
  • AutoPuzzles
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2022, 01:23:12 PM »