Author Topic: A Useless Thread (Not for me at least)  (Read 5555 times)

Offline ChanceHuncha

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 117
  • College Student In Love With Cars.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
A Useless Thread (Not for me at least)
« on: March 09, 2019, 11:39:40 AM »
So my automobile project I keep on my computer has almost 18,000 cars alone and a rule I made is that every car needs a logo. (For organization purposes.)

But some cars don't have a logo so I've used a picture from the same website for the past 4 years.

Recently the website shut down and there are no more .jpeg photos of it online.

So I want to post it here to come back to it frequently without having to open a .png in photoshop and converting it to .jpeg file.

This'll be useless to everyone else so if you're reading this... Welcome!
Working on a 40,000+ Automobile Encyclopedia

Offline Ultra

• Founder, Publisher Emeritus &
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 20
  • More than you bargained for
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: A Useless Thread (Not for me at least)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 03:00:55 PM »
Logo available here. 
“Honi soit qui mal y pense”

Click the pic....... Name the car

Offline el_monty

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 309
  • I have no idea what I'm doing
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 08:45:53 AM »
But... I don't understand... 
Why can't you use a png file for the logo? That's the format that logos are most usually saved in, since it preserves the quality of vector graphics better.
And why do you have to use use an image posted online for a project that is in your computer? 
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Offline ChanceHuncha

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 117
  • College Student In Love With Cars.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 10:13:31 AM »
Well, the way I organize my project is just pretty standard and lame. I just keep it on a small hard drive that I plug into my computer whenever I want to work on it. I learned 5 years ago when I started this project that when I put .png files in the hard drive that they don’t show up when I go to search for it. Now I could easily use photoshop to flatten the image and save it as a .jpg from there but that’s a process i’d have to go over multiple times over and over when there are easier alternatives. (I have about 1,400 different automobile brands with almost 19,000 cars in my file and about 2/3 of them don’t have logos. So doing the photoshop method would be tiring after a while.) Because I find these cars to put in there on the internet, like here on AutoPuzzles, I posted the no logo photo here since it just gives me easier access to it without having to redownload it, convert a .png, and all those other ways. I’ve recently been adding cars into my file from here anyways so I thought what better to also just keep this here for now until I find some other easier way to constantly redownlaod it over and over again. When I get home sometime soon, I’ll take a screenshot of my file to show you what it looks like and then you’ll probably see why doing a bunch of other methods are impossible.
Working on a 40,000+ Automobile Encyclopedia