Author Topic: Information Requests || What is this car ? thread  (Read 306774 times)

Offline Arunas

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 643
  • Nulla tenaci invia est via
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • https://www.cartefacts.com
Re: Information Requests || What is this car ? thread
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2009, 05:00:57 PM »
I have found this mystery in a magazine dated back from 1939. Unfortunately there are no hints to its name, so I am asking for Your, AutoPuzzlers, help. Thank You!

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2009, 05:31:20 PM »
I found this car some days ago, all the pictures are named in a way but the logo in the car reports another...I'll post my pic...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 05:39:48 PM by Paul Jaray »

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2009, 05:43:30 PM »
the car is presented in 3 different places as a Motor-kar (in a museum there is even a display card with that name) but if you read the logo, there is "Moto-Scod".

Offline Arunas

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 643
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2009, 05:45:51 PM »
the car is presented in 3 different places as a Motor-kar (in a museum there is even a display card with that name) but if you read the logo, there is "Moto-Scod".

Impressive! Thank You!  :thumbsup:

Offline faksta

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 409
  • Russian Racer
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »
Arunas, sorry for not responding earlier, I just haven't been here for some time...
That was indeed my F#8, as PJ wrote.

Offline Quiller

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 332
    • Quiller Print
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2009, 02:34:12 PM »

Badges look like 'Moto-Scoot' to me...

Offline Paul Jaray

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 2073
  • MVP
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
That was my idea too, but there are 2 logos, and 1 in another picture, and in none of them is clear, and there is no line for the T...

Offline DynaMike

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 230
  • Amsterdam, cool.
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2009, 04:42:04 PM »
Maybe 'Moto-Scool' ?

Offline Allemano

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 821
  • almost retired
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2009, 04:52:39 PM »
I bet it's Moto Scoot!.
1. It does make sense!  ;D
2. The "T" of "Moto" seemingly also misses a line.  ;)
3 There several results if you do the search "Moto Scoot"!  :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:04:59 PM by Allemano »

Offline Ray B.

• Puzzle Points 546
  • Pasta la vista
    • La philosophie dans la piscine
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2009, 05:10:10 PM »
Arunas, this "Information requests" topic you've started is beginning to be a nuisance. In fact, I think it goes again the whole idea of Autopuzzles (at least my idea of it). This forum's purpose isn't to help you gather information about the cars you don't know. Not only.

I had that car ready for a puzzle. In fact it was my Whaddyacallit #257 and it should have been online a month ago if I hadn't got mixed up with my list. Thanks to you it will go to the wastebasket.
You've been pestering us since you're here with your information requests. What keeps you from making puzzles of these cars?
The fact that you don't know yourself what they are is no obstacle. All you have to do is ask the puzzler who identifies it to bring some element of proof.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:45:19 PM by Ray B. »
He Touched Me With His Noodly Appendage

Offline Arunas

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 643
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2009, 11:48:19 PM »
Mr Ray B,

Thank You for Your reply, but:

1) That's not exactly me who has started this thread
2) It is Your opinion, expressed in this post. I must respect it, but not follow it.
3) This topic shows once again that there are people who are not ready to help from time to time, because of some reasons:
  a) They find all cars like puzlles: puzzle here, puzze there, puzzles everywhere
  b) They think information request is a dumb think
  c) They think I am destructing the forum idea what is an absolute nonsense
4) Why should we discuss these things at all?

Offline Ray B.

• Puzzle Points 546
  • Pasta la vista
    • La philosophie dans la piscine
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2009, 03:46:28 AM »
Don't worry, Arunas. I was mostly feeling grumpy, and I never dreamt you would change anything.
He Touched Me With His Noodly Appendage

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2009, 04:30:26 AM »

a) They find all cars like puzlles: puzzle here, puzze there, puzzles everywhere

What website are you at?
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Joao Gois

• Expert
  • Puzzle Points 90
  • Car freak...
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2009, 09:47:17 AM »
Mr Ray B,

Thank You for Your reply, but:

1) That's not exactly me who has started this thread
2) It is Your opinion, expressed in this post. I must respect it, but not follow it.
3) This topic shows once again that there are people who are not ready to help from time to time, because of some reasons:
  b) They think information request is a dumb think
  c) They think I am destructing the forum idea what is an absolute nonsense
4) Why should we discuss these things at all?

I have to agree with Arunas. I think the point of AutoPuzzles is precisely to unveil unknown cars so that everyone can have that info if they'd like to.
Personally, I'm against the idea of simply "question-answer". Why not discussing the cars?

The fact that Arunas has posted this one as "unknown" can happen o anyone. It's as much of a risk to ask for a car we don't know as to post a puzzle that other knows. One doesn't just guess! As a gentlemen's agreement, we can apply the principle of "whenever one posts a car unknown for him  at this topic, the other who knows the car and is going to post it as a puzzle just says so". But considering any other user knows the car and answers the "asker" in this topic, is very likely to do the same in the puzzle, so I can't see why all the fuss.

Anyway, I find Arunas' idea a good one and I send him my kudos for that.