Author Topic: Car magazines  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Car magazines
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:11:40 AM »
I have a large number of car magazines (mainly classic car mags) going back probably about 50 years that I need to get rid of.
There's Classic &  Sports Car, Classic Cars, Octane, Auto Italia, Supercar Classics, Performance Car plus others - all going back to Issue No. 1.

Before I bin them all, if any UK member is interested in them then they are going for free - but he needs to collect them..!

If anyone is interested please let me know.
Interests in life:  Cars, cars, cars - oh and ..er..cars

Offline Djetset

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 562
  • Car Life
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Car magazines
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 07:36:09 AM »
Wow, these sound too good to go to waste! I’ll be happy to relieve you of some of them (especially as I lost a bunch of these recently due to a roof leak!) and happy to drive up to you to take some away (especially the Auto Italias and C&SCs). I’ll call you later to arrange a suitable date, etc., and thanks in advance  :).
A car is for life, not just for Christmas.

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 11:07:46 AM »
Great!
That's a better solution than binning them, which would have really hurt...
You won't quite need an artic but they do take up some space! A Citroen H van would have been handy...

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 11:41:20 AM »
Wow, these sound too good to go to waste! I’ll be happy to relieve you of some of them (especially as I lost a bunch of these recently due to a roof leak!) and happy to drive up to you to take some away (especially the Auto Italias and C&SCs). I’ll call you later to arrange a suitable date, etc., and thanks in advance  :).

Unfortunately I've heard nothing further from Djetset about these magazines and I've been totally unable to contact him via any channel.  I really hope he's OK.
I only have the month of December to clear the space they are taking up and then they'll have to go to the rubbish tip, which seems an awful waste as there are several thousand of Pounds worth of them if they are only worth £1 each, including some rare ones like Supercar Classics and Alternative Cars.

So if anyone else wants any of them before that happens they are welcome to come and get them!