Author Topic: Puzzle #154 - Solved! Eliot Cricket III  (Read 7570 times)

Offline GTO48

• Puzzle Points 17
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Puzzle #154
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2007, 03:18:14 AM »
You mean to tell me there was an Eliot Cricket I and an Eliot Cricket II?    :o

Ridiculous...... >:(

while it is apparently true that this is in fact the third in the series of Elliot Crickets...  It still doesn't answer: "Were does karn come up with this stuff?"

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • AutoPuzzles
Re: Puzzle #154
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2007, 03:55:37 AM »
1938 Eliot Cricket III

Yes!

Samuel Eliot, ASAE, was an automotive experimenter and visionary. The Cricket III incorporated many of his ahead-of-the-time ideas; torsion-bar suspension, stainless-steel body; one-piece frame, rear-mounted engine, aircraft type control column for steering and braking and no-glare, slotted headlights. Among his many patents was an engine which would run on any fuel. In 1933 he built Boston’s first parking garage

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 04:07:02 AM by Otto Puzzell »
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!

Offline Rich

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 11
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Puzzle #154 - Solved! Eliot Cricket III
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2007, 09:07:01 AM »
It might be of interest to you, Abingdon, that your post was reported as being offensive.  To the uninitiated, it would appear our brand of sarcastic wit is a bit boorish.  FWIW.....

Offline MG

• Free Radical
  • Puzzle Points 12
  • Designated Driver
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2007, 09:22:22 AM »
Were does karn come up with this stuff

THAT is a question to which there is no known answer. Some suggest he has been reincarnated, having previously lived here on earth in the body of one Machiavelli!     :o

And as far as that other thing, rich, yeah, I know all about it and have humbly prostrated myself in front of the critquer, pulled my forelock and begged for foregiveness.

In my own unique style, of course!    ;D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away!

Offline Rich

• Feature Writer
  • Puzzle Points 11
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2007, 09:30:06 AM »
Well, Jeez...even I thought it was an Eliot Cricket III.....

:o ;)

Offline grobmotorix

• Professional
  • Puzzle Points 457
  • Please play fair guys
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • My car photography
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »
Mr. Samuel Eliot himself said this vehicle is named "New Era Safety Car" in a 1939 British car magazine:

Offline Otto Puzzell

• Founder and
  • Editor
  • Puzzle Points 444
  • Open field, with a window.
    • AutoPuzzles
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2015, 04:44:09 AM »
Perhaps as he fiddled with the car (1939 was a year later than its build) he gave it a more marketable name, as he was touting its safety. Somebody should tell the museum that owns and displays the car with the bogus name I quoted.  :(
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:51:01 AM by Otto Puzzell »
You wanna be the man, you gotta Name That Car!