Author Topic: Victor MGTF Replicars  (Read 2921 times)

Offline jwebb630@gmail.com

• Puzzle Points 0
  • Name That Car!
  • YearsYearsYears
Victor MGTF Replicars
« on: November 14, 2021, 12:19:48 PM »
This is my first post, and if it is in the wrong area, please point me to where it would reach the right people. I'm a contributing editor for Classic Motorsports mag in the U.S., and we're
doing a feature on two factory-built Victor prototypes, one Chevy V-6 powered and the other Chevy V-8 powered, both built in the mid-eighties. As you can imagine, these cars are quite lively. Recently I ran across a 2015 thread on this forum about "Harper Roscoe" MG TF replicas which reportedly used Victor shells, possibly acquired from Noble Motor Cars, which acquired Victor assets when the tiny company folded. The names of the contributors to the 2015 thread were Carnut, nicanary, oko94, Djetset and Paul Jaray.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Offline Carnut

• Editor
  • Puzzle Points 423
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Victor MGTF Replicars
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 05:07:41 PM »
Hi.  Interesting!
Although I posted in the thread it was only to say I knew nothing at all about these cars...!
The puzzle was posted by Djetset, who unfortunately is no longer active here. He specializes in the type of car you are asking about and may well know something about it.
I am in touch with him and will mention that you are looking for information, but it could be quite some time (I saw him the day before yesterday so it could be a while before we meet up again..)

Your question would actually be better posted in the News, Information and Feedback section, which is read by a lot of members, whilst very few people read or post on the Sports Cars board.

I can move it for you, but not yet since if you don't see it where you posted it you might think your post has been deleted!
Interests in life:  Cars, cars, cars - oh and ..er..cars